Reflections Art Program
2020-2021 Chair: Su Su and Li Ge
The Reflections Program is a National PTA arts competition for students from pre-K through grade 12. The purpose is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works of art in response to a theme.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, this year's Reflection program is Going Virtual! Please follow the rules of each category and submit your entry forms and artworks virtually here.
2020-2021 Submission Deadline: November 16, 2020
The winners' artworks will be advanced to Bellevue Council level and have a chance to advance to state and national level. We will celebrate all participants' artworks with an online art show.
This year's theme is:
"I Matter Because..."
Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 students are encouraged to submit original works of art in one or more of the following categories:
- Dance Choreography – originally choreographed dance composition.
- Film Production – original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Musical Composition – original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography – color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts – drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling.
Special Artist Division: Students with disabilities may receive special accommodations by entering the special artist division and are encouraged to enter any category.
Participating is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Create your piece of art - make sure your art follows the rules
- Write about how the piece relates to the theme in 100 words or less
- Complete the registration form
Student Entry Form (typed signatures will be accepted)
Visual Arts Rules (only 2D artworks will be accepted)
Please follow the rules of each category and submit your entry forms and artworks virtually here.
For more information, please visit the Reflections pages from:
Questions? Contact email@example.com