2020-2021 Membership Chair: María Ortega
We invite you to join Medina PTA! Becoming a member shows:
- your support for the education and well-being of all children. Our goal is 100% membership among parents - a larger membership means a stronger legislative voice at the national, state, and local levels with:
- National PTA, the oldest child advocacy organization in the nation,
- Washington State PTA, the largest nonprofit, volunteer organization in the state, and
- Bellevue PTSA Council, which supports local school PTAs in the Bellevue School District
- your appreciation for the efforts of Medina PTA to enrich the school: from the programs/events we sponsor, to the popular after-school clubs that we organize, and to the fundraisers we plan which help close public school funding gaps via grants to the school for teacher aides, technology support, field trips, supplies and much more.
|Family Membership (for two adults)||$27|
|Individual Membership (for one adult)||$14|
|Sponsor a Staff||$10|
You must have a website account to join online.
Most popular benefits:
- Only members can register their children for our popular after-school clubs. This includes chess club, math club, and more.
- Receive a printed Medina Elementary Directory, useful for birthday party invitations and play date planning; now even more crucial for staying connected to families during remote learning!
- Volunteer for PTA-sponsored activities with kids
- Vote at PTA General Assembly meetings
- Serve on the PTA Executive Committee, Board of Directors, or as a Committee Chair
- Support WA State PTA and National PTA to advocate on behalf of ALL children in Washington State and in the country.
- Obtain member benefits and discounts from various businesses: https://www.wastatepta.org/get-involved/member-benefits/
Every year, our goal is to have 100% membership through our parent community!
We are also looking to achieve 100% staff membership.
January 2021 Update: We have reached BOTH 100% membership and 100% staff membership!
We are the first in the state to reach 100% membership and the 6th in the state to reach 100% staff membership. Thanks to everyone who made this possible!
☒ I have to volunteer if I join the PTA.
☑ Volunteering is completely optional, as is serving in any leadership position.
☒ I only have to purchase a membership once.
☑ Memberships are annual. You must purchase a new membership every year to keep your membership current.
☒Only parents can join the PTA.
☑ Any adult who wants to support our children and Medina Elementary can join the PTA, including: working and stay-at-home parents, teachers, staff, grandparents, other extended family members, and community members.