2020-2021 Co-Chairs: Cecilia Ngan and Ekta Jiwani
Have you been reluctantly keeping your growing talent in lockdown?
Did you develop a secret new talent since we last saw each other in person?
Or have you always been deterred by stage fright?
We’ve got just the answer for you!
Calling all Medina talents to our Medina's Got Talent Virtual Party! Here’s your opportunity to take center stage from the comfort and safety of your own home. Whatever your act — big, small, curious or even silly — share it with your classmates and friends. Have fun, show off, and share joy!
- Video submission period: November 8 - December 27
- Medina's Got Talent Virtual Party: Wednesday, January 6 from 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Save the Date for our 2nd Medina's Got Talent Virtual Party: Wednesday, May 5 from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
- Video length must be 90 seconds or less.
- A little about yourself – Let the audience know your name and your grade, feel free to tell us a little bit more about yourself such as your favorite hobby, your favorite song, or about the piece you’re going to perform. You can do a quick self-introduction at the beginning of your video, another suggestion would be to write it down on a piece of paper with a sharpie in large print and hold it in front of the camera for a few seconds. Be creative! If you’re performing a piece of work such as music or poem, please include the title and the creator of the piece.
- Video content must be age appropriate to elementary students.
We are now accepting video submissions via Google form:
Submissions are due Sunday, December 27
Directions: Click on the question to view the answer. You must click on the TEXT, not the surrounding colored box.
In a nutshell, students’ performances will be prerecorded (offline), the audience and the performers will watch the show together online during the Medina's Got Talent Virtual Party. Parents, grandparents, siblings and your pets are invited! Don’t forget your popcorn! It’s gonna be fun for everyone!
Each student will send in their video of the actual performance during the submission period. The Talent Show production team will approve the video for meeting the rules on length and content appropriateness. Once all the submissions have been collected and approved, the production team will compile them into one big video for broadcast to the entire Medina Elementary community during the Medina's Got Talent Virtual Party on January 6 from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
The production team will review each video submission and respond within a week with your approval status. If your video was approved, it’s good to go and will be put into the final show. If your video fails to meet one or more requirements, the production team will respond to you with suggestions on what you can do to make sure it meets all the requirements, and you can record a new video and submit again within the submission deadline.
No. You will submit your actual dressed performance. If the length and content meet all the requirements, your video will be used in the final compilation for broadcast at the Medina's Got Talent Virtual Party.
No. Your video submission will be your actual performance for Medina's Got Talent.
Each student can submit one entry. Traditionally Medina’s Talent Show required acts to be within 60 seconds, this year with the all new virtual format, we’ll allow the maximum video length of 90 seconds. Content should be age appropriate for elementary students including your background audio or visual.
All currently enrolled students of Medina Elementary school.
Yes! Just like past years, we’re looking for student emcees to make the event more fun and entertaining. Just like the performances, emcees will host the show and present each act, pre-recorded. Emcees are expected to work with the production team between late December and first week of January in producing the final video of the Talent Show. Emcees are open to our 5th grade students only. Please apply by emailing email@example.com and putting “Apply for Emcee” on the subject line.
Yes! Are you skilled at video editing? Do you have the chops for writing scripts for the emcees? We’d love to get your help! Production helpers are open to our 5th grade students only. Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and putting “Apply for Production Helper” on the subject line.